Saturday, January 2, 2010

"Pressure Cooker" Soy Chicken


I got a new Pressure Cooker for Xmas and was waiting to make something good in it. So, I browsed through the recipes and found Soy Chicken (made with soy sauce). I wanted something quick, and if any of you have a pressure cooker, you know how quick they cook! I made it and tasted it, I have to say this is the juiciest chicken I've ever had. It was fast and easy and most important, super yummy!!!!

Recipe courtesy of Presto Pressure Cooker Recipes
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 cup sliced celery (i didn't put any in)
3 tbsp brown sugar

Place all ingredients in cooker. Close cover securely. Place pressure regulator on vent pipe and cook 4 minutes with pressure regulator rocking slowly. Let pressure drop of it's own accord.

That's it!!!! It literally cooked in 4 min.... Why didn't I get one of these sooner!!!!

I also made a side dish of steam in a bag peas and mushrooms and chicken flavored pasta. I had dinner ready in 15 minutes all together. I love it! I hope you try this if you own a pressure cooker. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Four minutes? Are you kidding me?!? I MUST try this out......

    ReplyDelete